Incentivising and rewarding employees with shares
All business owners know that happy employees are an essential ingredient to a positive
culture, growing expertise and continued development and success of their business.
Why use an employee share scheme?
- Motivated and happy employees are often the best ambassadors for your business – and
you really want to keep it that way!
- There’s many ways of incentivising employees in your business, one is to offer equity in the
business, through share ownership or share option plans.
- The main reason behind offering shares to key individuals in the business, is to give them
something of value in respect of the work they do for the organisation.
What options are there?
- There are several share ownership or share option plans to consider, depending on your
requirements and the number of employees you wish to incentivise.
- An important consideration is to make the offer of equity in the business, as tax efficient as
- Popular schemes – and the most tax efficient – for owner-managed SMEs include; an
Enterprise Management Incentive (EMI) or a Flowering Share Scheme. You can find out
more about these and other schemes here.
How Inspire can help?
Our experts at Inspire have lots of experience in working with businesses to identify the most
appropriate incentives, share schemes and share option plans for your needs.
We can help you think through the best options, alongside offering advice on the most tax